3.3.13

Stock Quotes from Carl Icahn

Many people know about Warren Buffett and Geroge Soros but very few people know about Carl Icahn. I read the recent news about how Carl Icahn is ploughing in his company into Herballife and got interested to do a post on him...
A little background on him

Born:New York City, in 1936
Affiliations:
  • Icahn & Company (securities firm)
  • Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NYSE:IEP)
  • Icahn Partners (hedge fund)
  • Controlling ownership positions in several major corporations
  • Carl C. Icahn Center for Science at Princeton University
Most Famous For:The "Icahn Lift." This is the Wall Street catchphrase that describes the upward bounce in a company's stock price that typically happens when Carl Icahn starts buying the stock of a company he believes is poorly managed.

Since the mid-1980s, Icahn has had titanic battles with multiple U. S. corporations resulting, most of the time, in significant capital gains for these companies' shareholders and, of course, making Icahn a multibillionaire, whom Forbes ranked as the 46th richest in the world in 2008.

Icahn is viewed either as one of history's most ruthless corporate raiders or as a positive force for increased shareholder activism, who seeks to correct the abuses of greedy and/or incompetent corporate management.
~From Investopedia~

Carl Icahn Stock Quotes

  • I look at companies as businesses, while Wall Street analysts look for quarterly earnings performance. I buy assets and potential productivity. Wall Street buys earnings, so they miss a lot of things that I see in certain situations.
  • I have always lived by my word, so to speak. I think that’s the way to be… The funny, ironic part is if you do that over the years, it really pays off tremendous dividends.
  • A lot of these companies are undervalued because of poor management. You can replace bad management, right. So that’s one big hidden value there.
  • I think I’m good at what I do. I think in the takeover business I would say I’m as good as anybody in this area… I have a good mind for this type of thinking. It’s like a chess game. I was always a good chess player.
  • What turns me one, is the excitement of it all. I really believe in what I’m doing. Don’t get me wrong. I like to win. But I love to rock boats that should be rocked. Sometimes I wonder why I keep doing it. I’ve got enough goddamn money.

2 comments:

  1. your post is helpful I am always searching for informative
    STOCK TIPS like this. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all very new to me and thisMCX TRADING TIPS
    really opened my eyes.Thanks for sharing with us your wisdom.

    ReplyDelete